At cosinuss°, our vision is to revolutionize the way vital signs are monitored and recorded in healthcare. We believe that every patient deserves the best possible care, no matter where they are or what their conditions may be. We also believe that healthcare workers shouldn’t carry more and more burden anymore. That’s why we are continuously working on cutting edge, award-winning sensors and platform solutions that provide individuals and physicians with universal access to critical vital signs data.
The situation today
At several points in healthcare, there are white gaps in vital signs monitoring, meaning that patients are not monitored and thus healthcare workers are not aware of their health. Such white gaps are e.g.:
- In rescue situations where the patient is centralized and physicians cannot monitor critical vitals because it’s not possible with state-of-the-art equipment.
- Most of the time inside emergency rooms due to lack of resources and time consumption of the process.
- On most normal stations, where monitoring for each patient would be very expensive with state-of-the-art devices.
- At home where chronically ill patients need to manage their condition themselves.
So what happens in white gaps?
In white gaps unrecognized health deterioration, critical health situations and even death can occur. This results in long-term health issues for the patient, constant stress for the healthcare workers thinking about potential cases, acting in emergency and immense costs for the healthcare system that could have been prevented.
“The vital signs say so much about how the patient is doing. It is about 90% of the basis for decisions. It’s critical but time consuming.“ – Intensive care physician
Let’s fill the white gaps
We want to create a universal access to critical vital signs in healthcare.
Our goal is to give healthcare providers the tools they need to deliver the best possible care to their patients. We want to provide technology that is designed to be used throughout the entire hospital stay, starting from rescue situations, transport to the hospital, and even at home after leaving the hospital. Such cutting-edge technology provides physicians with real-time access to important information about a patient’s health, allowing them to make informed decisions and provide the best possible care. Our goal is to improve the lives of patients and make the healthcare industry more efficient and effective, and we are committed to doing just that.
First demonstration in Remote Patient Monitoring
The Telecovid study from cosinuss° was a pioneering study that highlighted the importance of remote patient monitoring in the fight against Covid-19. This study marks the first use case where our monitoring technology was used to provide critical vital signs to healthcare workers.
The Telecovid study demonstrated the ability of remote patient monitoring to provide real-time, accurate data on vital signs, including body temperature, heart rate, and blood oxygen levels. By using this technology, healthcare workers were able to remotely access critical vital signs of patients, reducing the need for hospitalization and reducing the risk of exposure to the virus. This resulted in improved patient outcomes and a reduction in the spread of the virus in healthcare facilities.
One medical certified 6,5 grams sensor to measure it all
Vital signs data is the essential basis for every health assessment and treatment decision.
- Monitoring with one medical in-ear sensor is easy to use, mobile and cost-efficient. The cosinuss° technology is a convenient way to monitor multiple vital signs at once.
- The Collection of Multiple Vital Signs Data is synchronized to one device and one patient. All data can be read and referenced with one glance.
- Smart Analysis of the data in combination with context information is the foundation for further usage.
- The Measurement with invasive, stationary and expensive devices is immobile and restricting and too many devices are needed to monitor multiple vital signs.
- The Collection of Data is sequential and differs in numbers and scales and needs to be assembled by hand without the possibility for automatic cross reference.
- The Expertise to analyze the data might be decentralized.
Second Demonstration in Mountain & Alpine Rescue
The vital signs of patients in rescue situations are critical to their survival and recovery. Despite advancements in medical technology, there are still significant gaps in the monitoring of these vital signs, particularly in the case of centralized patients. This is where cosinuss° comes in, filling the white gaps of vital signs monitoring in rescue.
Several studies and testings in simulated as well as real environments were conducted to demonstrate the ability of cosinuss° technology to fill white gaps of vital signs monitoring in the roughest rescue situations. With great success! The cosinuss° technology is a game-changer for rescue teams, providing a reliable and effective way to monitor vital signs even in the most challenging of situations.
Future Demonstration in Emergency Rooms
We are committed to take the next steps and demonstrate how cosinuss° technology can fill white gaps in emergency rooms. The monitoring technology is able to provide healthcare personnel with a reliable way to monitor the vital signs of all patients at the same time on a continuous basis. By doing so, it immensely relieves the personnel and helps them focus on providing the best possible care to the patients who are most in need.
News from cosinuss°
See the cosinuss° technology in action in various use cases.