Dear Customers,

as planned, last Friday we received 54 pre-produced degree°s. In this production run, the gluing process should be tested under circumstances like in a serial production.

Batch of day 2

The degree°s were assembled and glued on three different days, seeing an improvement from day 1 to day 3 (batch of day 2 in the pic above). We tested them thoroughly and unfortunately we are not happy with the result. There is a problem with the gluing, see pic below.

Gluing problem mostly on the neck of the devices

When pulling the head of the device so that the degree° gets straightened on some devices the gluing rips and the housing is not closed anymore as it should be. That is really bad and it will likely throw us back with our planning. We have to discuss options with the manufacturer  who will be back from the summer pause at the beginning of September. In the meantime, we evaluate all options we see internally and hope that we find a fast and easy solution for the problem. We want to give you first-class devices so we can´t accept this as it is.

We will, however, solve this problem as well. That I am sure. I´m sorry that I can´t give you a better update today but sometimes hardware production sucks…

I keep you updated about the further process.