Advantages of the new system
An efficient heat supply and a regulated temperature management system on the patient helps on the one hand to enhance the wellbeing of the patient and on the other hand the system also acts as an important factor from a medical point of view.
The patient-heating-system by Geratherm consists of modern and modular thermal blankets. In order to be able to regulate the heating supply perfectly it is necessary to measure body temperature continuously . Therefore – based on the Earconnect Technology and the Cosinuss° One -a temperature sensor is being developed, which makes it possible to measure continuously and in a comfortable way the patient’s body temperature. The sensor determines the body temperature in the patient’s ear and is connected to the evaluation unit of the temperature management system.
The temperature sensor is being developed according to the MET-400 characteristic for medical use. Furthermore, all materials are biocompatible in compliance with the DIN EN ISO 10993-1 and the manufacturing process is performed under DIN EN ISO 13485. The ergonomic design makes it possible to wear the sensor permanently.
Benefits for the anesthesia :
- Ideal and direct heat conduction
- Short time of heating and consistent thermal distribution
- Connectivity to any number of thermal blankets
Benefits for surgery:
- No noise disturbance
- No dangerous turbulences of germ or particle
- No disturbing heat lost to the environment
Benefits for surgery management:
- The most affordable system during each practice
- The precise accounting according to the consumption per time unit
- No ongoing costs due to the changing of air filter